ICMAI is the only professional accountancy body which is recognised and licensed in India for CMA course.
Today, Students generally go for professional education either simultaneously or after completing their formal academic courses in order to pursue a professional career. Professional education provides them the edge, perfection and required expertise through extensive knowledge and practical guidance. One of the most highly designated professional course in India is CMA (Cost Management Accountant), and ICMAI or The Institute of Cost Accountants of India is the professional statuary body that offers this certification.
Students often get confused between ICWAI and ICMAI. They are two different words used to describe one single thing. ICMAI was previously knows as ICWAI (Institute of Cost and Works Accountant of India) and CMA was known as CWA (Cost and Works Accountancy). Now we call them ICMAI and CMA respectively.
Table Of Content:
- Objectives of the Institute for its ICMAI student
- ICMAI Website
- ICMAI Notifications
- ICMAI Placement Opportunities
ICMAI – The Institute Of Cost Accountants of India
The Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of India (ICMAI) is a professional accountancy body and is the only recognized professional organization and licensed body in India that specialises exclusively in cost and management accountancy (CMA). It is under the ownership of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India.
Anyone who wants to be certified as a CMA, is required to register with ICMAI and complete all levels of examinations provided by them.
Objectives of the Institute for its ICMAI student:
ICMAI serves many objectives to its students, some of them are:
- It helps to develop the Cost and Management Accountancy function as a powerful tool of management control in all spheres of economic activities.
- It also helps to promote and develop the adoption of scientific methods in cost and management accountancy.
- ICMAI develops the professional body of members and equip them fully to discharge their functions and fulfil the objectives of the Institute in the context of the developing economy.
- ICMAI helps the aspirants to keep abreast of the latest developments in the cost and management accounting principles and practices. it also incorporate such changes as they are essential for sustained vitality of the industry and other economic activities.
- The CMA institute also organizes seminars and conferences on subjects of professional interest in different parts of the country for cross-fertilization of ideas for professional growth.
- It carries out research and publication activities covering various economic spheres and the publishing of books and booklets for spreading information of professional interest to members in industrial, education and commercial units in India and abroad.
ICMAI website is also the CMA official website and one stop destination for every CMA student. The registration for all the three levels, i.e., Foundation, Intermediate and Final, is available on this CMA website.
The payment of the fees has to be made on the ICMAI website only. The results are also published on the website, and if a student is not satisfied with the marks and wants a recheck, they must apply for it through the website only. Apart from that, it offers various other information to students like –
- Guidance notes for the subjects
- ICMAI’s study material covers all the subjects in the syllabus of the CMA course separately.
- The website also provides its students, the information about various departments where there is recognition for CMAs.
- The website also provides a 24*7 help desk to its students.
- The website also provides the information for-
- Course Prospectus.
- Course objectives and Eligibility.
- Course Duration & Delivery.
- Checking online admission status.
- E-tracking- Study Material.
- Online Assessment.
- Online Mock Test Portal.
There are so many more features so go and check it out now. ICMAI
ICMAI website is the official CMA website, where you will get every exam-related notification firsthand. Not only this there are many other notifications you’ll get, some of them are:
- Expected and Final cut-off dates for
- Results expected dates and Final dates
- As soon as the results are published, the pdfs are available
- India’s leading CMAs conduct webinars
- Fees payments dates
- Fees payment procedure
- Every year Practical training schemes
- Syllabus structure
- Uniform Fee Structure
There are many more updates as well. You can check our Toplad’s website as we also have a newsroom where we post all the notifications regarding all the new updates.
ICMAI Placement Opportunities:
In this globalized world, organizations require professionals such as Cost Accountants (CMAs) who have specialized knowledge on business strategy and value creation. Cost Accountants are in great demand in government sector, private sector, banking & finance sector, developmental agencies, education, training & research sector as well as in service and public utility sector.
It also has a career counseling department as Career Guidance helps the students to select the right career path according to their choice and interest. Education is increasingly emphasizing career counseling as an integral part of the curriculum. In addition to the right kind of job and the right approach in this direction, CMA Career Counselling Programs help the students to evaluate their inner abilities, interests, talents, and personality traits to develop and achieve realistic academic, professional, and career goals.
Functions of the Career counseling department-
- Career planning by raising awareness of career interests, aspirations, and potential.
- Career transition by clarifying an individual’s strengths, areas for development, and personal goals.
- They organize Mega Career counseling events.
- They also provide career counseling at career fairs, job fairs, and book fairs.
ICMAI has a vibrant Placement Cell to facilitate the placements for all deserving students. The Placement Directorate works closely with Corporate Sector to groom students as per industry requirements. The industry is always on the lookout for students with sound academic backgrounds, who are vibrant, knowledgeable, energetic, attentive, fast learners, adaptive, good communicators, and ready to accept challenges.
The ICMAI Placement Cell intends to provide 100% placement assistance to all CMA students.
Some of the placement opportunities published on the website are:
- Uranium Corporation of India Limited
- Department of Telecommunications
- Tata Memorial Centre
- UTI Infrastructure Technology and services Limited
- Kerala state road Transport Corporation
You can check out the details for the above companies’ placement and many more like these on ICMAI website.
You can also check out our Toplad’s Job portal as we also keep on updating all the recent openings. Click here now TopLad – Jobs