In your CS executive syllabus, you have several papers that talk about different laws and their regulations that a CS needs to study.
CS Executive is the second level of examination in the company secretary course. It consists of two modules; Module I and Module II. There are a total of eight papers to be covered, each module containing four each. Examination for these modules can either be given together or separately depending on a student’s preference.
ICSI released a new syllabus for the CS executive level that all students must follow from now on. The old executive syllabus had been discontinued. Students registered in the old syllabus also have to refer to the new syllabus.
Let’s look at the CS Executive new syllabus provided by ICSI and what you will be studying throughout the course.
CS Executive New Syllabus: Module I & Module II
- Constitution of India
- Law of Torts
- Interpretation of Statutes & Other General Laws
Paper 2: Company Laws
- Part A: Company – Law, principles, and Concepts 50%
- Part B: Company Administration and Meetings – Law and Practices 40%
- Part C: Company Secretary as a profession 10%
- Part A: Setting up of Business 40%
- Part B: Registration, Licence & Compliances 35%
- Part C: Insolvency, Liquidation & Closure of Business 25%
Paper 4: Tax Laws
- Part A: Direct Taxes 50%
- Part B: Indirect Taxes-Goods and Services Tax 50%
Paper 5: Corporate and Management Accounting
- Corporate Accounting 60%
- Management Accounting and Valuation 40%
Paper 6: Securities Laws and Capital Markets
- Securities Laws 70%
- Capital Market and Intermediaries 30%
- Foreign Exchange Management and NBFCs 40%
- Competition Law 25%
- Business and Commercial Laws 35%
Paper 8: Financial and Strategic Management
- Financial Management 60%
- Strategic Management 40%
CS Executive Law Subjects
In your CS executive syllabus, you have several papers that talk about different laws and their regulations that a CS needs to study. You can take classes for all of them separately or in a combo. These papers are:
- Jurisprudence, Interpretation, and General Laws: Constitution of India, Law of Torts, Interpretation of statues and other general laws.
- Company Laws: Company Laws, principles, and concepts.
- Tax Laws: Direct and Indirect Tax laws, Goods and Services Tax
- Securities Laws and Capital Markets: Security laws, Capital Markets, and Intermediaries
- Economic, Business, and Commercial Laws: Foreign exchange management, NBFCs, Competition Law, and Business and commercial laws
CS Executive Law Classes – What will you study?
Jurisprudence, Interpretation, and General Laws
In our county, we have the law to ensure security and socio-economic justice for every citizen. With the absence of law, the entire nation would be in chaos and a sustainable lifestyle would be impossible to reach. Law acts as a backbone of our society and provides socio-economic justice to all. Knowledge of the law is very significant for every citizen let alone a company secretary.
In your paper, Jurisprudence, Interpretation, and General Laws, you will be studying various acts drafted from the constitution of India, concepts, principles, pointers, and procedures. Every professional company secretary must have a thorough and detailed understanding of the law.
Click Here for CS Executive Online Courses for Jurisprudence, Interpretation, and General Laws.
In this paper, you will be studying the Companies Act, established in 2013 to enable companies to achieve global competitiveness. This law is the basis of many other laws that you will also be studying in your company secretary course, such as labor law, income tax law, indirect tax law, etc. Having in-depth knowledge of all these laws is very essential for a company secretary.
In Company Law CS Executive, you will be briefed on the formation, administration, management, and conduct of the affairs of a company. Every company is expected to comply with the law and hence, company secretaries need to have complete and detailed knowledge of these laws to ensure it.
Looking for Company Law CS Executive video lectures? Check out TopLad’s CS Executive Online Courses and get classes from some of the best CS faculty in Delhi, India.
Everyone is aware of taxes. We have to provide our contribution to society so that the government can execute various development activities for the benefit of citizens.
After independence, the Income Tax law was introduced in 1961 for collecting and regulating tax laws. In your Tax Law CS executive course, you will be studying direct and indirect tax laws in detail.
You can check out Tax Laws CS Executive courses and video lectures for more insight. Click Here for CS Executive Online Courses .
Securities Laws and Capital Markets:
Trading, buying, and selling of stocks in the market is a new and popular way of growing and increasing your earnings these days. The stock market facilitates the mobilization of funds from small investors and the implementation of these resources to ensure various development needs in the economy.
When there is money involved, there are bound to be fraud, manipulation, and malpractices. To curb these malpractices, several laws are formed. SEBI legislation was introduced with the objective of protecting these investors, improving market conditions, and raising the standard of the market.
Company Secretaries need to be fully aware of various laws and regulations to advise the board for smooth functioning and avoid penalties.
CS aspirants looking for good quality yet affordable online courses for Securities Laws and Capital Markets can check out TopLad’s CS Executive online classes.
Economic, Business, and Commercial Laws:
Every company at some point wants to expand its business by going global and making international dealings. Due to privatization, liberalization, and globalization, there has been an encouragement in foreign trade and ease of foreign transaction with less legal formalities and more incentives.
In this paper, you will be studying the foreign exchange management act (FEMA) established in 1999, to amend the laws relating to foreign exchange. Company secretaries need to have a detailed understanding of FEMA regulations, licenses, annual compliances, and event-based compliances in order to be compliant with the law and avoid Penalties and offenses.
Click Here for CS Executive Online Courses for Economic, Business, and Commercial Laws.
Study Material for CS Executive Classes
Study material and resources for these classes include:
- Books about these subjects such as Company Law, Tax Laws
- CS notes for specific subjects
- CS mock test paper
- CS previous year papers
- Video lectures
- CS revision test papers
How much do these classes cost?
If you opt for individual courses/classes
- Jurisprudence, Interpretation, and General Laws: can cost around Rs. 3000 to Rs. 5000
- Company Laws: can cost around Rs. 3000 to Rs. 8000
- Tax Laws: can cost around Rs. 3000 to Rs. 8000
- Securities Laws and Capital Markets: can cost around Rs. 3000 to Rs. 8000
- Economic, Business, and Commercial Laws: can cost around Rs. 4000 to Rs. 8000
For Combos, you will study the first three in CS executive module 1 and the next two in CS executive module 2. Both can cost around Rs 20,000 to Rs 30,000. You can get cheaper rates if you buy at the time they are offering discounts. Websites come out with offers and discounts pretty often for their students so you can get a good deal on your company secretary’s online courses.
Check Out TopLad’s CS Executive Combo Offers for Module 1 and Module 2, starting at just Rs.12,000
TopLad – CS Executive Law Classes
With TopLad CS Executive law classes you will:
- Learn from the top faculties of India about all the topics mentioned above and more
- Gain relevant study material like books, notes, mock test papers, and past year papers
- Have doubt sessions available
- Have the choice of Hindi or English lectures
- Term vise studying i.e. June or December term
- You can get all this at cheap prices from your home!
Check out our Company Secretary Learning Program: TopLad CS Online Classes