CA Final course complete guide 2022! The eligibility criteria, registration, fee structure, latest syllabus, CA Articleship, exam details, and more!
CA Final is the last level of examination in your chartered accountancy course. It’s the final step in your journey to becoming a chartered accountant. After clearing this last level and completing your articleship, you will finally be eligible to become an official member of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI).
CA Final course consists of two groups; Group 1 and Group 2 containing 4 papers each. The complete CA Final new syllabus will be given down below for your reference.
In this blog, we will take you through everything you need to know about the CA Final course. i.e. the eligibility criteria, registration process, fee details, subjects and syllabus, exam details, articleship, and results. A complete guide for CA Final course 2022!
CA Final Course – An Overview
CA Final course is the last level of examination that students must appear for after clearing the CA Foundation and the CA Intermediate level. This level consists of two groups; group 1 and group 2. Both of these groups contain 4 papers each. A student has the option of either appearing for both the groups together or individually. But, to successfully pass this level, he must clear both groups according to the passing criterion provided by ICAI.
To register and give exams for the Final course, there is an eligibility criterion to be followed. You can find the eligibility criteria for the CA Final below.
CA Final Eligibility Criteria
A student wanting to register for the CA Final must meet the following eligibility criteria.
|Candidates must have successfully completed the CA Foundation level as well as both groups of CA Intermediate.
|Candidates must have successfully completed four weeks of ICITSS before the commencement of practical training.
|Candidates must register for CA practical training to apply for the final level and complete the training to appear in the examination.
For CA Final registration, you can visit the official website of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) and fill out the application form. The registration for CA exams is open throughout the year but you must register according to the term you are appearing in, the terms being the May term examination or the June term examination.
Here is a step-by-step instruction on how to register.
|Step 1: Go to the official website of ICAI
|Step 2: Move your mouse over to “E-services” and click on “student services”
|Step 3: Scroll down and find the option “self-services portal” and click on it.
|Step 4: Click on the “self-service portal – for existing members and students” link
|Step 5: Log in with your username and password
|Step 6: Click on the Final tab to proceed to the CA Final registration
|Step 7: Fill in your details like name, address, marital status, and medium of study
|Step 8: Upload a scanned copy of the document requested as per the guidelines provided by ICAI.
|Step 9: Pay the registration fee and download the receipt
The last step in your registration is to pay the fee. CA Final registration fees structure is provided below.
|Chartered Accountant Course Fees
|Examination fees single group
|Examination fees both group
|Journal membership fees
|Practical Training Fees
Students who wish to appear in the CA Final exam must fill out the exam/application form within the timeline provided by ICAI. Along with this, an exam fee will also be charged. If a student fails to do so, they will get a week’s extension but after that, they will not be allowed to sit in the examination.
A candidate must carry their admit card to the exam, without it, they won’t be allowed to give the examination. Admit card is not sent to students via email or phone number. It has to be downloaded from ICAI’s website portal. ICAI releases admit cards 14 days before the exam date.
Step to download your Admit Card.
|Step 1: Visit the official ICAI’s Website.
|Step 2: Click on Self Services Portal and log in with your User ID and password
|Step 3: Click on the view option for admit card for CA Final
|Step 4: Your admit cards will be displayed on your screen
|Step 5: cross-check all your details and download!
If you are a CA aspirant looking for CA Final classes and video lectures, you can check out TopLad’s CA Final Online Classes.
CA Final Exam
CA Final exams are held by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, twice a year. Once in the month of May and once in the month of November. Students must clear the examination according to the passing criteria given by ICAI to become eligible to register for the CA Intermediate.
Let’s look at the CA Final exam pattern for more details.
|Mode of Exam
|Type of Questions
|Duration of Exam
|No of Papers
|No of Groups
|2, Group 1 & Group 2
|100 in each paper
|Hindi or English
|No -ve marking
|Minimum 40% in each paper and Minimum 50% in aggregate
Check out CA Final previous year’s question papers to know more about CA Final exams and what type of questions you will be asked.
CA Final New Syllabus
CA Final syllabus consists of two groups; group 1 and group 2. Both of these groups contain 4 papers each. Given below are the CA Final subjects that students are required to study.
- Paper 1: Financial Reporting
- Paper 2: Strategic Financial Management
- Paper 3: Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics
- Paper 4: Corporate and Economic Laws
- Paper 5: Strategic Cost Management and Performance Evaluation
- Paper 6A: Risk Management
- Paper 6B: Financial Services and Capital Markets
- Paper 6C: International Taxation
- Paper 6D: Economic Laws
- Paper 6E: Global Financial Reporting Standards
- Paper 6F: Multidisciplinary Case Study
- Paper 7: Direct Tax Laws and International Taxation
- Paper 8: Indirect Tax Laws
CA Articleship: Practical Training
After completing CA Intermediate level, candidates must register and start their 3 years of mandatory CA articleship a.k.a., practical training according to the guidelines provided by ICAI. Every candidate pursuing the course of Chartered Accountant is required to complete his/her practical training to successfully complete the said course and be deemed as a certified Chartered Accountant.
Looking for firms and organizations to do your articleship? You can visit TopLad’s job portal and find jobs from some of the best firms in the world.
CA Final Results
After giving the Final exam, candidates can check the results once ICAI has announced them on their official website. A candidate must obtain 40% marks in each paper and 50% marks in aggregate to successfully pass this level and move to CA Final. If you fail to meet the passing criteria you may give the exam again in the next term.
CA Final preparation and classes
CA Final is not that easy to clear and it will require a lot of dedication, planning, strategy, and professional coaching to pass. Here are some tips to help you prepare better.
- Before you plan things out, know what works best for you. Depending on your own personality, you should decide how you will be more productive; while studying early morning or late at night? while taking online or offline coaching classes? with a strict schedule or a relaxed one? write down the answers and plan accordingly.
- Give yourself sufficient time for preparation. Don’t start at the last minute. Start early and slowly make quality progress
- Enroll in an affordable coaching institute as they will become a guide to you and provide you with all the necessary information, updates, announcements, study material, etc. on top of teaching you the syllabus thoroughly.
- Keep practicing mock test papers as well as solving previous year’s papers regularly. Sharpen your question-solving skills
- Don’t buy or download too much study material. Focus on getting the right quality material from your institute and practice on that. Quality is always more important than quantity.
- One of the most important and most ignored tips, don’t make studying your life! Go outside, play sports, meditate, meet friends or do anything else that you love. If your mind isn’t happy and in peace, your preparation will be affected.
- Eat healthy food daily and keep physically active
Students can study for CA Final exams through self-study or coaching classes. It is most preferable to enroll in coaching classes to leave no stone unturned. Coaching institutes will provide you with the right strategies and planning to successfully pass your exams in a single attempt. You can check out TopLad’s CA online/offline coaching classes and learn from India’s best faculty for CA Final. We have helped thousands of students achieve their dream of becoming Chartered Accountants.
Check out our website for more information – TopLad