Being a CA brings you a great deal of respect along with terrific job prospects and a great salary. Read about chartered accountant job opportunities, scope, and demand in India.
Chartered Accountant is one of the most popular professions in India. It is also one of the toughest. It demands a high level of study and preparation, but the rewards are also tremendous. Being a CA brings you a great deal of respect along with terrific job prospects and a great salary.
The reason why a CA receives a lot of respect is not for the designation or the salary but for the excessive amount of effort it takes to be one.
If you are a chartered accountant, your work would be to manage the finances of an organization or an individual and provide financial advice and money management. It includes budgeting, auditing, taxation, and making business strategies. The role pertains to a great deal of responsibility and management, after all, the finances of a company are in your hands.
Chartered Accountant Job Opportunities, Scope, and Demand in India
The scope for a chartered accountant in India is no doubt very high. Every firm needs a CA. Every organization needs someone to manage its finances, file taxes, and do audits. The world revolves around money. Chartered accountants are always high in demand. The opportunities to work are endless.
Chartered accountants have the option to work either in private or find jobs in the finance and account departments of big companies. While working in private, the scope may vary depending on the size of the practice and the city they are working in. When working in big companies and firms with higher specialization of individual accountants, career scope will be higher.
With advancements in the Indian economy, career scope and demand for CAs are broadening. Simultaneously, it is also setting up challenges for CAs to upgrade their knowledge and skills in their exclusive field.
Services of a CA are required by all kinds of firms like manufacturing companies, MNCs, startups, service companies, banks, NGOs, the public sector, etc. Following are the organizations and sectors a chartered accountant can work in.
- Chartered Accountants Firm
- Businesses and Industries
- Consultancy Firms
- Financial Institutions
- Capital Marketing Services
- Independent Practices
The demand for chartered accountants is always high in all these sectors.
Chartered Accountant job roles and different profiles
- Share Valuer
- Financial Reporting
- Cost Accountants
- Tax Advisor
- Corporate Financing
- GST Expert
- Company Liquidator
- Management Accounting
- Management and Corporate Consultancy
If you are a student looking for CA online classes and video lectures, check out TopLad CA Online Classes and learn from the best CA faculty in India!
We offer complete course videos for all levels, i.e., CA Foundation, Intermediate, and Final, along with authentic study material, especially curated by our faculty.
Top Companies for Chartered Accountant Jobs in India
A Chartered Accountant can work for several different organizations in numerous different areas, as already mentioned. Therefore, the number of companies they can apply for is also many. Some of the top companies that are considered best for CA jobs as well as internships are given below:
- Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited: Multinational professional services network with offices in over 150 countries. They provide auditing, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax, and legal services.
- Ernst & Young: Multinational professional services network with offices in over 150 countries. They are headquartered in London. They provide financial audit, consultancy, tax, and advisory services.
- Price Water Coopers: Second largest professional services network in the world. They have offices in 157 countries
- Klynveld Peat Marwick Goerdele: British – Ditch multinational professional services network has offices in 145 counties. They provide financial audits, tax, and advisory.
- RSM International: Seventh largest professional services network in the world. 6th in rank for the largest global provider of tax services. They provide audit, tax, and advisory services.
- BDO International: Fifth rank for providing the largest accountancy network in the world. It is one of the best accounting firms. BDO has offices in 151 countries and takes pride in employing 60,000 partners and staff.
- Grant Thorton International: It is a UK-based firm with offices in almost 125 countries. They provide assurance, taxation, and consultancy services relating to financial matters.
- SS Kothari, Mehta & Co: It is one of the most highly reputed firms in Delhi with over 55 years of experience. They have branches in 100 other countries. They provide services in BPO, Tax advisory services, Mergers, and Acquisitions, Statuary audit services, corporate laws, and other related areas.
How to Find Chartered Accountant jobs in India
Finding a job is easy. Finding a good job can be challenging, especially if you don’t know where to look for.
The very first thing you need to do is to make sure you have an updated resume. If you are at the exploring stage and are applying for several different positions then you will need different resumes for different positions.
After you got your resume done, the next step would be to start making profiles on job-seeking platforms. Remember to add as much information as you can to these profiles to highlight your best skills and experience.
Here are some platforms you can try:
Another thing you can do is to search for good companies near your location or according to the job profile you want to apply for and keep checking their website for available jobs. You can also ask around your friends and family for recommendations on good companies.
If you are looking for organizations to do your CA articleship in or looking for CA Final jobs, you can check out TopLad’d Job Portal and find amazing job opportunities from top companies.
Things to consider while choosing a company
There are several points to consider when putting yourself out in the job market so you end up with the right job. Have a look at them below.
- Salary – Make sure the firm you are choosing meets your salary expectation. When working in a big firm, you should focus on learning instead of money, because the experience you will gain there would be very beneficial and if you do good you can always get salary increments later. Sometimes the name itself can do wonders for you. In average or small companies you should make sure to meet your salary requirements.
- Location – Where the company is located?. Would you have to relocate?. Are you willing to relocate? Check out all offices and the ones near you. Once you get the job you will be required to travel to the office at least five days a week (unless you are opting for work from home) and it might not seem like it before but it can make you very tired if the office is far from your home. So, location matter a lot.
- Growth Opportunities – The main thing we are looking for is career growth, isn’t it? So, you need to know if the company holds growth opportunities as per your requirements or not. If you, as an employee will be able to learn and grow in your career working with them.
- Work Culture – No matter how big the company, if the work culture is poor it’s not worth it. How do they treat their employees? Is there too much stress and pressure in the environment? Do they care about employee welfare? If it is a big company then you can get all this information from the internet. Otherwise, you can have a chat with present or previous employees of the company to get some insights. You can also read employee reviews on google, glassdoor other several websites.
- Job Profile – Getting a good profile is equally important to the size of the company. There are a lot of companies that will be offering the profile you are looking for so you don’t need to settle. Getting the right profile will ensure you learn and grow in the field of your choice and the field which has scope in the future.
Find Jobs with TopLad’s Job Portal
TopLad is India’s largest online learning platform for CA, CS, and CMA students. Along with providing coaching classes, video lectures, live sessions, and study material such as mock test papers, previous year papers, notes, and more, we have a job portal! You can find chartered accountant jobs in major companies with great salary packages. We have helped thousands of students find jobs through our portal.
Looking for CA Final jobs or firms for your articleship? On our portal we have jobs for CA Final students, CA Inter students and CA Foundation students as well.
Check Out TopLad’s Job Portal Now!
The Bottom Line
Chartered Accountant is one of the most popular professions in India. Being a CA brings you a great deal of respect along with terrific job prospects and a great salary. The scope for a chartered accountant in India is no doubt very high. Every firm needs a CA. Every organization needs someone to manage its finances, file taxes, and do audits. Services of a CA are required by all kinds of firms like manufacturing companies, MNCs, startups, service companies, banks, NGOs, the public sector, etc.
While the size of the company and the salary packages matter, it is equally important to pay attention to other details in a workplace such as work culture, working conditions, location, profile, and growth opportunities.
Finding a job might be easy but finding a good job according to your needs can be difficult. That is why it is recommended to try out different platforms, make profiles and explore before you make a choice.