Solving CMA question papers is very important and a step that can't be missed as it gives you an idea of exam pattern is.
Cost And Management Accounting (CMA) course has gained immense popularity among commerce students. If you are a CMA student, you can totally relate with the fact that CMA exam is quite challenging and it will test your intellectual limits. If one wants to crack CMA exam, they need to prepare diligently and with proper and appropriate resources.
Before you can be really good at something, you need to understand the basics of it. You need to know what that something is about and what it demand from you to ace it. If you want to get a great score in your CMA foundation exam, the first thing to do here is to understand the exam pattern which you do by looking through the question papers and practising them.
Table Of Content:
- CMA Foundation Papers (Syllabus)
- Download CMA foundation question papers
- CMA Foundation Exam Pattern
- CMA Foundation Marking scheme
- The Importance of CMA Previous Year Question Papers
- ICMAI suggested answers
- How to use previous year question papers to get results
CMA Foundation Papers:
- Paper 1: Fundamentals of Economics and Management
- Paper 2: Fundamentals of Accounting
- Paper 3: Fundamentals of Laws and Ethics
- Paper 4: Fundamentals of Business Mathematics & Statistic
CMA Foundation Question Paper
You can download CMA foundation papers with solution and how to tackle them from the following link.
You can download ICMAI’s CMA foundation papers without solutions from the following link.
CMA Foundation Paper – Exam Pattern
CMA foundation consists of 4 papers carrying 100 marks each. The total duration of the exam is of 3 hours.
Let’s look at the exam pattern for CMA foundation paper in a more detailed manner.
CMA Foundation Paper Exam Pattern
|Mode of exam
|Online centre-based exam
|No of groups
|0, No Groups
|No of papers
|Duration of exam
|100 marks in each paper
|Type of question
|Objective and Subjective
|No of questions
|120 questions in each
|No negative marking
|Hindi or English
|40% in all papers and 50% in total
CMA Foundation Question paper – Marking Scheme
CMA foundation paper wise marking scheme. There is no negative marking in CMA exams.
Paper 1 – Fundamentals Of Economics And Management
- Basic concepts of economics – 20%
- Forms of market – 20%
- Money and banking – 10%
- Management process – 50%
Paper 2 – Fundamentals of Accounting
- Accounting Fundamentals – 35%
- Accounting for special transaction – 20%
- Preparation of final accounts – 25%
- Fundamentals of cost accounting – 20%
Paper 3 – Fundamentals of laws and ethics
- Indian Contracts Act, 1872 – 40%
- Sale of Goods Act, 1930 – 20%
- Negotiable Instruments Act,1881 – 10%
- Ethics and Business – 30%
Paper 4 – Fundamentals of business mathematics and statistics
- Arithmetic – 20%
- Algebra – 20%
- Statistical representation of Data – 10%
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion – 30%
- Correlation and Regression – 10%
- Probability – 10%
The Importance of CMA Previous Year Question Papers
The basic importance of solving CMA previous year question paper:
- Previous year papers provide the candidates with a chance to practice questions that might come in the exam hall.
- It gives a sense of confidence to the students. if you have solved 10 question papers per subject, by the time you’ll reach the examination you’ll feel like it’s just my 11th exam, I’m going go in and give my best and we know that it’s a saying that “ Practice makes a person perfect”.
- Solving previous year question papers will help the students to evaluate the best way to write the answers during exams.
- If you regularly keep on solving the CMA previous year question papers it would also help you to manage time effectively.
- You will also get a chance to self-assist yourself as it would help you to analyse the strengths and weaknesses of the subject using the previous year papers.
- Solving question papers will also help you to plan your studies accordingly, as once you get to know your strength and weaknesses, you can know what are all the topics you need to put your focus on.
ICMAI Suggested Answers
An aspirant must go through the ICMAI’s official website for suggested answers, as it will give a better picture of what the examiner will expect in your answer thus helping you to save time and prevent you from overdoing.
You need to register yourself to the ICMAI suggested answers portal.
CMA Foundation question papers:
Now, foundation level is the very first level thus feeling stressed about the paper and its pattern and whether you are going to be able to finish it in time, all these questions popping up in your mind are quite obvious.
That’s where CMA foundation question papers of previous years are going to help you as they give a sense of what the paper format is going to be like.
Previous year question papers are like a holy grail for the CMA students. Mostly the questions repeat every year or two or similar questions with different values are asked frequently.
There are certain points you need to keep in mind before pursuing the previous year question papers.
- Before you start attempting the papers, firstly study the course properly. Don’t start doing the papers topic-wise, do it when you are ready with all topics you.
- Study all the subjects and then only start attempting these papers, otherwise, you will not be able to understand the questions.
- Don’t look up the solutions in the starting or in between the question, leave the question you don’t know. Give it like a proper 3 hour exam in a quiet atmosphere with no books or notes near you.
- After the exam observe the following: What is the exam pattern? What kinds of questions are asked? Which topics arrive more frequently.
- Learn what information to provide. Also know, how to not overdo your answers and most importantly, understand the marking scheme.
You can get the CMA Foundation question paper with answers pdf on the ICMAI website, as they have previous year question papers for all the foundation subjects.
You can also check out TopLad’s website, as we also upload previous year question papers. Click here CMA Previous year papers