Having the best CMA foundation study material and resources which are mots appropriate is every CMA aspirant's dream.
There are three different levels in the CMA course namely CMA Foundation, CMA intermediate and CMA final. The very first level as we know is the foundation level which focuses on the basics of this course. Once you clear that, then you can move on to the next two levels and become certified. And to do that successfully, you need resources. Top quality and effective resources.
In this article, we will provide you with all the essential CMA Foundation study material you need for your preparation and how you can use them to get great results.
CMA Foundation Study Material
Here is a list of study material you will surely need for a successful exam preparation:
- Previous year papers with solutions
- Mock test paper
- Capsule videos
- Test series and practice manuals
The Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICMAI) also provides CMA Foundation study material and covers the entire syllabus but, usually, they take about a month to get the study material deliver to you. So the better way would be to visit their official website and download whatever study material is available from there.
DOWNLOAD ICMAI STUDY MATERIAL: https://icmai.in/studentswebsite/studymat.php
Now, the material they provide is not sufficient enough in order to score good, you have to expand your horizons, and that’s where previous year question papers and mock tests come in the picture.
Previous year papers with solutions
Previous year papers help you understand what is the pattern of exam, what kind of questions will come and how to answer them correctly. By carefully reading and analyzing papers for past few years, you can gather this information.
- Before you start attempting the papers, firstly study the course properly. Study all the subjects and then only start attempting these papers, otherwise you will not be able to understand the questions, or answer them correctly and end up feeling demotivated.
- Once you have studied, start reading all of them thoroughly to understand the exam pattern, what kind of question are asked? What are the different sections? Which topics arrive more frequently? Understand the question paper.
- Learn how to best answer them, what information to provide and how to not over do your answers. Understand the marking scheme.
- Start attempting some papers and score yourself.
- Learn the ones you don’t know
Mock Test Papers
Mock test papers are the most essential part of your preparation. You should attempt one every day. You are required to get minimum of 40% in all individual papers of both groups. Attempt mock tests for all papers of both groups individually as well as together to ace them all.
- Attempt at least one mock test paper everyday
- Aim to complete it in exam time
- Attempt it in one sitting so you get used to it
- Keep record of your daily scores and evaluate
- Figure out your strengths (where you score good already), weakness (topics you score low in but can study more and improve) and threats (topics you score extremely low in and cannot improve). Improve on your weaknesses and try to leave out your threats. This helps decrease any negative marking.
- See which sections need help and practice them more
Mock test papers CMA foundation all subjects. The best way to achieve results.
Click Here to download: https://toplad.in/cma/cma-mtp-sale
Once you have studied for months and completed your full courses, you can use capsule course for revision. When your exam is near, that is the best time for a quick revision of all the important topics and tips. It is impossible to retain all the information that you acquired through your studying. Revision is therefore very essential to hammer that information deep in your mind so you don’t forget it.
If in case you didn’t start your preparation yet and your exam is near, then just go for capsule videos/ crash course instead of starting a full course that could take months. They are your best shot!
Books and Notes
While studying for your CMA foundation exam, you should also refer to books for the same. Books can be super effective. They can cover all resources like syllabus, mock test papers, practice test and answers all in one. Getting the right book is all you need. Notes are easier to understand and can also be used for revision. Always make your own notes as well while you are taking a course.
Notes from our faculties
Authentic notes written by top certified CMA’s
Click Here: https://toplad.in/cma/downloads-notes
For more study material such as comprehensive notes, test series and practice manuals, check out our CMA Foundation online courses.
Here is a complete guide for using CMA Foundation study material
- Gather all information about course, subjects, passing criteria and exam details
- Enrol in a coaching institute, online or offline, and start taking your lectures
- Refer to books and notes for better understanding
- Make you own notes
- Start doing mock test papers after you have studied enough of your course
- Look at previous year papers and solutions and start practicing them
- At the end of your preparation, take a crash course
- Keep practicing mock test papers till the end