CMA foundation exam takes place twice a year, once in the month of June and then in December. You'll find all the important updates in this blog
CMA foundation is the first and foremost level in the CMA course. Only after clearing the foundation exam, can a student go on to the next levels for becoming certified. In this article, we will provide you with all the necessary information about CMA foundation exam such as CMA foundation exam date, eligibility criteria to sit in the examination, what is the exam pattern going to be, and some extra tips and resources to get you exam ready.
Read on to have all the essential knowledge for your foundation examination!
Table of Content:
- CMA Foundation Exam Date
- Eligibility Criteria for Foundation Course
- Examination Eligibility (Admit Cars, Exam Forms)
- Exam Pattern 2022
- Study Tips and Techniques for CMA Foundation
CMA Foundation Exam Date
ICMAI Foundation exam registration process has begun. Students will be giving their exams during the months of June and December. There are 4 papers in the foundation exam for which the candidates need to qualify. Once a candidate qualifies the Foundation exam, then he becomes eligible for the Intermediate level. On passing the Intermediate exam, the candidate can apply for the final exam.
The Final CMA Foundation Exam dates are yet to be announced. ICMAI will soon announce the exam dates on their official website. Keep checking the website regularly to stay updated.
Here is a link for their website: https://icmai.in/icmai/index.php
The tentative dates for the June term examination is around 2nd week of June
The tentative date around which the December term examination will take place will be around mid-2nd week to 3rd week of December.
Who is eligible to apply for CMA Foundation?
Eligibility Criteria to register for CMA foundation course is as follows:
- The Candidate should have passed Class 10 or equivalent from a recognized board or institution
- or, should have passed Senior Secondary School Examination under the 10+2 format from a recognized board or an examination recognized by the Central Government of the country.
- or, should have passed the National Diploma in Commerce Examination organized by the All India Council for Technical Examination or by any state board of Technical Education, under the authority of the said All India Council.
- or, should have achieved the Diploma in Rural Service Examination conducted by the National Council of Higher Education.
After registration, you need to make sure you complete all the requirement to sit in the examination. What are these requirements?
- A candidate needs to download his/her admit card on time and bring it to the examination hall with him to be allowed entry in the examination room.
- He/she should have filled out the exam form and payed the respective fee
- He/she should have a valid identification number
- he/she should not be disbarred from appearing in the foundation exam from this institute
A candidate must carry their admit card to the exam, without it they won’t be allowed to give the examination. Admit card is not sent to students on email or phone number. It has to be downloaded from ICMAI’s website portal.
To download your Admit Card follow these instruction:
- Visit ICMAI’s official website and click on ‘Students’ tab – https://icmai.in/icmai/index.php
- Click on ‘Examination’ tab
- Click on ‘Admit card’
- Enter your registration number
The Institute of Cost and Accountants (ICMAI) will release an exam form soon after registration period, it has to be filled by every registered candidate. If you fail to fill out the exam form, you will not be allowed to sit in the examination.
Exam Pattern for CMA Foundation
|Mode of exam||Online centre-based exam|
|No of groups||0, No groups|
|No of papers||4 papers|
|Duration of exam||3 hours|
|Total marks||100 marks in each paper|
|Type of question||60% Objective|
|Marking scheme||No negative marking|
|Language||Hindi or English|
|Passing criteria||40% in all papers and 50% in total|
Paper 1 – Fundamentals Of Economics And Management
- Basic concepts of economics – 20%
- Forms of market – 20%
- Money and banking – 10%
- Management process – 50%
Paper 2 – Fundamentals of Accounting
- Accounting Fundamentals – 35%
- Accounting for special transaction – 20%
- Preparation of final accounts – 25%
- Fundamentals of cost accounting – 20%
Paper 3 – Fundamentals of laws and ethics
- Indian Contracts Act, 1872 – 40%
- Sale of Goods Act, 1930 – 20%
- Negotiable Instruments Act,1881 – 10%
- Ethics and Business – 30%
Paper 4 – Fundamentals of business mathematics and statistics
- Arithmetic – 20%
- Algebra – 20%
- Statistical representation of Data – 10%
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion – 30%
- Correlation and Regression – 10%
- Probability – 10%
Tips to Clear CMA Foundation Exam
Hitting at a nail aggressively is not the key to hammer it in the wall correctly. You have to know the right angle to hit at and the right force to apply. Similarly, just studying day in and day out is never the right way to clear a challenging exam. You need to think and plan what works best in the situation.
Here are some tips you can follow to increase your chances of acing your exam at one go!
You need to know and be clear about your personality. What time do you prefer to study and what time are you the most productive? How much hours can you give at one go? Do you learn better with self study or classroom teaching?
Only after answering these questions, can you make up a schedule for yourself and plan out the procedure that will bring out the most productivity. If you don’t know this at first, you can always try things out.
Keep practicing mock test papers
Mock test papers can be a great resource for improvement. As you keep covering more and more of your syllabus, practice mock tests papers for them. Improve your testing abilities. It will also hammer a lot of information in your mind as you will be writing them and solving them regularly.
Make sure to keep doing the things you love
Don’t make the most common mistake! you don’t have to leave everything and only study all day everyday. This will only tire you in the end. make time. Plan out a schedule that will give you some time to do other things you enjoy and which will make you feel fresh and replenished.
Let TopLad help you!
You need proper resources such as notes, books, mock tests, previous year papers etc. Along with this a proper teacher who can make you understand all the concepts and guide you through every process is very essential. You can save a lot of time trying to figure things out by enrolling in a coaching institute and get proper guidance for your exam preparation from them.
TopLad offers you all of this!
Check out our website for more information: https://toplad.in/cma