ICSI has released the exam date and schedule for the executive exam which will be mentioned below for your reference.
CS Executive is the second level of examination in your company secretary course before you can move on to the last level and finally hold that well-deserving certification in your hands and officially become a member of The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI).
CS Executive level exams are conducted by ICSI twice a year, once in the month of June and once in December. This level consists of two modules i.e., module 1, and module 2, which are to be attempted either individually or together depending upon a student’s preference and preparation.
ICSI has released the CS Executive exam date and schedule which will be mentioned below for your reference. In this article, we will provide you with everything you need to know about your CS Executive exam.
Read on to know the exam pattern, syllabus, and marking scheme for your executive exam. We will also provide you with some exam tips and key points to remember, to get you exam ready!
CS Executive: Eligibility Criteria
Who can enroll in the CS Executive course and sit for its examination?
Before you go on ahead and get all the other relevant information, make sure you are eligible for it.
Here are the Eligibility Criteria for CS Executive:
- Candidate must be 17 years old or above
- Candidate must have passed class 12th in any discipline except fine arts from a recognized board or university
- Candidate must have cleared CSEET held by The Institute of Company Secretaries of India
- Graduates and Post Graduates who have also cleared CSEET held by The Institute of Company Secretaries of India can also apply
CS Executive: Process of Registration
A student wanting to sit for CS executive exam has to register by filling out an application form, providing the requested documents, and paying the registration fee.
To register for CS Executive:
- Visit the official website of ICSI https://www.icsi.edu/home/
- Click on “Online Services”
- Choose” Register for CS Course”
Fee for Registration
The registration fee for the CS Executive-level exam is Rs.2,000/- (Rupees Two Thousand Only) per appearance.
CS Executive Exam Date
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) released exam dates and schedules for the June term session. Before creating a study plan, check out the exam dates and schedules so you can better prepare.
|Last Date for registration in the June term (Both modules)
|November 30th, 2021
|Last Date for registration in the June term (single module)
|January 31st, 2022
|Last Date for registration in the December term (Both modules)
|May 31st, 2021
|Last Date for registration in the December term (single module)
|July 31st, 2021
|Release of exam form for June session
|February 26th, 2022
|CS Executive exam date
|June 1 to June 9, 2022
CS Executive Exam Schedule June Session 2022
ICSI has released the exam schedule for CS Executive. It is provided below.
|CS Executive Exam Date
|CS Executive Papers
|June 1, 2022
|Jurisprudence, Interpretation, and General Laws
|June 2, 2022
|Securities Laws and Capital Markets
|June 3, 2022
|June 4, 2022
|Economic, Business, and Commercial Laws
|June 5, 2022
|June 6, 2022
|Setting up of Business Entities and Closure
|June 7, 2022
|Corporate and Management Accounting (OMR Based)
|June 8, 2022
|Tax Laws (OMR Based)
|June 9, 2022
|Financial and Strategic Management (OMR Based)
Exam Pattern, Syllabus, and Marking Scheme
CS Executive exam consists of 2 modules and 8 papers that are given below. For detailed information about each subject click on the respective paper.
You can also see the marking scheme for all papers as mentioned in bold below
- Constitution of India
- Law of Torts
- Interpretation of Statutes & Other General Laws
Paper 2: Company Laws
- Part A: Company – Law, principles and Concepts 50%
- Part B: Company Administration and Meetings – Law and Practices 40%
- Part C: Company Secretary as a profession 10%
- Part A: Setting up of Business 40%
- Part B: Registration, Licence & Compliances 35%
- Part C: Insolvency, Liquidation & Closure of Business 25%
Paper 4: Tax Laws
- Part A: Direct Taxes 50%
- Part B: Indirect Taxes-Goods and Services Tax 50%
Paper 5: Corporate and Management Accounting
- Corporate Accounting 60%
- Management Accounting and Valuation 40%
Paper 6: Secuities Laws and Capital Markets
- Securities Laws 70%
- Capital Market and Intermediaries 30%
- Foreign Exchange Management and NBFCs 40%
- Competition Law 25%
- Business and Commercial Laws 35%
Paper 8: Financial and Strategic Management
- Financial Management 60%
- Strategic Management 40%
CS Executive Exam Pattern
|Mode of exam
|Offline center-based exam
|No of modules
|2 – module 1, 2
|No of papers
|8 (4 in each module)
|Duration of exam
|100 marks in each paper
|Type of question
|Objective and Subjective
|No of questions
|50 questions in each
|Negative marking only for objective questions (0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer)
|Hindi or English
|40% in all papers and 50% in total
Key Points to remember for your exam
- CS Executive exam registration is open throughout the year but students should keep in mind the registration cut-off dates to correctly register for their respective term i.e., June or December
- An exam form is released by ICSI after registration along with an exam fee that every student must fill out and submit. If a student fails to do that, he will be given a week’s extension to do so. An extra late fee will be charged. If however, the student still fails to fill out the exam form, he will not be allowed to sit for the examination.
- While filling out the exam form, you will be asked to fill out your offline exam center preference
- CS Executive Admit Card is released a few days before the exam. Every student must download it and bring it to the examination hall. Without the admit card, you will not be allowed to give the exam.
- Admit cards can only be downloaded from the website. No physical copy is sent.
- The result will be declared a few weeks after the exam through online mode on the official website of ICSI.
Study tips to Ace your Exams
You can refer to our study tips to know how to plan and structure your studies, strategize your preparation and become a top scorer in your exam.
- Before you plan things out, know what works best for you. Depending on your own personality, you should decide how you will be more productive; while studying early morning or late at night? while taking online or offline coaching classes? with a strict schedule or a relaxed one?. write down the answers and plan accordingly.
- Give yourself sufficient time for preparation. Don’t start at the last minute. Start early and slowly make quality progress
- Enroll in an affordable coaching institute as they will become a guide to you and provide you with all the necessary information, updates, announcement, study material, etc. on top of teaching you the syllabus thoroughly.
- Keep practicing mock test papers as well as solving previous year’s papers regularly. Sharpen your question-solving skills
- Don’t buy or download too much study material. Focus on getting the right quality material from your institute and practice on that. Quality is always more important than quantity.
- One of the most important and most ignored tips, don’t make studying your life! Go outside, play sports, meditate, meet friends or do anything else that you love. If your mind isn’t happy and in peace, your preparation will be affected.
- Eat healthy food daily and keep physically active
You can check out TopLad’s CS online/offline coaching classes. We have helped thousands of students achieve their dream of becoming a Company secretary.
Check out our website for detailed information – TopLad