ICSI has released the exam date and schedule for the CSEET exam which will be mentioned below for your reference.
Company Secretary Executive Entrance Test (CSEET) is the entry-level examination in your company secretary course before you can enroll in CS executive program and begin your journey to become a successful Company Secretary in India. Only after clearing the CSEET exam can a student enroll in CS Executive and CS Professional courses.
CSEET exams are conducted by The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) four times a year, in the months of January, May, July, and December. ICSI has released the CSEET exam dates for May term, 2022, and July term, 2022. CSEET exam for the May term will be held on May 7th, 2022 whereas for the July term, the exam will be held on July 9, 2022.
Registration for the CSEET July term is open and will be closed by June 15th, 2022. Candidates can go to the official website of ICSI and register. Registration for the May term has been closed on April 15, 2022.
Read on to know the exam pattern, syllabus, and marking scheme. We will also provide you with some exam tips and key points to remember to get you exam-ready!
CSEET: Eligibility Criteria
Who can enroll in the CSEET course and sit for its examination?
Before you go on ahead and get all the other relevant information, make sure you are eligible for it.
Here are the Eligibility Criteria for CSEET
- Candidate must be 17 years old or above
- Candidate must have passed class 12th in any discipline except fine arts from a recognized board or university
- Graduates and Post Graduates can also apply
CSEET: Process of Registration
A student wanting to sit for the CSEET exam has to register by filling out an application form, providing the requested documents, and paying the registration fee.
To register for CS Professional:
- Visit the official website of ICSI https://www.icsi.edu/home/
- Click on “Online Services”
- Choose “Register for CSEET”
Fee for Registration
The registration fee for the CSEET exam is Rs.1,000/- (Rupees One Thousand Only) per appearance.
CSEET Exam Dates
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) released exam dates for the May and July term session. Exam dates for the December term will be notified later.
Before creating a study plan, check out the exam dates so you can better prepare.
|Commencement of registration
|October 16th, 2021
|December 16, 2021,
|April 16, 2022,
|June 16, 2022,
|Last date of registration
|December 15, 2021,
|April 15, 2022,
|June 15, 2022,
|October 15, 2022
|Release of Admit card
|December 29, 2021,
|April 25, 2022,
|To be notified
|To be notified
|CSEET Exam Date
|January 8, 2022, and retest on January 10
|May 7, 2022,
|July 9, 2022
|second/third week of November
|January 19, 2022,
|By the fourth week of May
|By the fourth week of July
|By the fourth week of November
Exam Pattern, Syllabus, and Marking Scheme
CSEET exam consists of 4 papers that are given below. You can also see the marking scheme for all papers as mentioned in bold below.
- Business Communication (CSEET Paper-1) 50 marks
- Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning (CSEET Paper-2) 50 marks
- Economic and Business Environment (CSEET Paper-3) 50 marks
- Current Affairs, Presentation and Communication Skills (CSEET Paper-4) 50 marks
Each of these papers will contain 35MCQ questions which makes a total of 120 questions in your CSEET exam.
CS Professional Exam Pattern
|Mode of exam
|Remote protocol mode
|No of modules
|No of papers
|Duration of exam
|50 marks on each paper
200 marks in total
|Type of question
|No of questions
|120 questions (35 in each)
|No negative marking
|Hindi or English
|40% in all papers and 50% in total
CSEET Mock Test
ICSI holds a mock test paper a few days before the CSEET examination. It is a mandatory requirement for every student to appear for the same. The duration of the test is one hour and is conducted in online mode. Students are advised to join 30 minutes prior to the commencement of the exam. The specific details such as timings, user id, password, and platform are communicated by email/SMS to each candidate.
Key Points to remember for your exam
- CSEET exam registration is open throughout the year but students should keep in mind the registration cut-off dates to correctly register for their respective terms i.e., January, May, July, and December
- ICSI releases reading material as well as study material for their students. Don’t forget to download them from their official website for your help
- Make sure to be updated on your mock test date and timings since it is a mandatory requirement
- CSEET Admit Card is released a few days before the exam. Every student must download it and bring it to the examination hall. Without the admit card, you will not be allowed to give the exam.
- Admit card can only be downloaded from the website. No physical copy is sent.
- The result will be declared a few weeks after the exam through online mode on the official website of ICSI.
- Always keep yourself updated with CSEET exam dates and important announcements so you don’t miss anything
Study tips to Ace your Exams
You can refer to our study tips to know how to plan and structure your studies, strategize your preparation and become a top scorer in your exam.
- Before you plan things out, know what works best for you. Depending on your own personality, you should decide how you will be more productive; while studying early morning or late at night? while taking online or offline coaching classes? with a strict schedule or a relaxed one?. write down the answers and plan accordingly.
- Give yourself sufficient time for preparation. Don’t start at the last minute. Start early and slowly make quality progress
- Enroll in an affordable coaching institute as they will become a guide to you and provide you with all the necessary information, updates, announcement, study material, etc. on top of teaching you the syllabus thoroughly.
- Keep practicing mock test papers as well as solving previous year’s papers regularly. Sharpen your question-solving skills
- Don’t buy or download too much study material. Focus on getting the right quality material from your institute and practice on that. Quality is always more important than quantity.
- One of the most important and most ignored tips, don’t make studying your life! Go outside, play sports, meditate, meet friends or do anything else that you love. If your mind isn’t happy and in peace, your preparation will be affected.
- Eat healthy food daily and keep physically active
You can check out TopLad’s CS online/offline coaching classes. We have helped thousands of students achieve their dream of becoming a Company Secretary.
Check out our website for detailed information – TopLad